The market has enormous floor types and designs to beautify any place’s interior theme. Still, the most popular floor treatment is laminate because of its luxurious wood-like appearance and high durability. Laminate is known for the interior beautification it offers.
Laminate floors contain thick wear layers to resist scratches. However, when it comes to stain resistance, it is seen that these floors are not as resilient. Upkeep of laminate becomes tricky if it gets any stains, so let us introduce some easy stain-cleaning methods for your ease.
Star Methods To Regain The Luxurious Looks Of Your Laminate Floor
To illustrate, if the floor has stains, we usually go for regular water-based cleaning methods to regain the appearance. But in laminate’s case, water can cause irreversible damage to its structure and can mess up its looks.
Here are 5 most useful and trusted methods by Floor Land for laminate stain removal. So, let’s move towards the details without wasting a second because your floor is in trouble.
1. Vinegar Is Laminate’s Friend
It is observed that vinegar helps in floor cleaning and one can remove stubborn, unscratchable, and very prominent stains on the floor surface with it. Look at the step-by-step guide for how a vinegar remedy can protect your laminate floor’s appearance.
- Mix white vinegar in a bowl with lukewarm water.
- You can spray the solution via a spray bottle or apply it drop by drop.
- Wait ten minutes for accurate results, then scrub it away with a microfiber cloth.
- Your luxurious stainless floor should be back.
2. Use Chemical-Less Cleaners
You can use any chemical-less cleaner to clean stains from your floor.
- Take a chemical-less detergent and dilute it with water.
- Let it mix well, use a mop, and apply this solution to the stain.
- Never leave the cleaner on the stain for more than five minutes as laminate is not a waterproof material.
- Use a clean and dry cloth for wiping off the solution.
- Boom! No stain remains on the floor.
3. Baking Soda Does Wonders
Baking soda is known for its strong cleaning properties. Here are some points mentioned to clarify its usage on the floor for stain removal purposes.
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda in a cup of lukewarm water.
- You can also mix white vinegar in this solution for instant stain removal.
- Stir the mixture well; use a spray bottle for easy application.
- Gently spray the baking soda and water solution on the floor stain.
- Use a cloth to rub the stain slowly.
- See the stain going and enjoy the luxurious floor looks again.
4. Never Underestimate Micro-Fiber Mop
Micro-fiber cloth contains small fibers to capture dirt particles and stains. These fibers help drag the stain particles to keep your floor looking luxurious without causing any damage to the laminate surface.
- Some people prefer pouring a cleaning solution and then using a microfiber cloth.
- Microfiber mop can be used on a daily basis to clean laminate flooring.
- You can dip a microfiber cloth in lukewarm water and then clean the laminate surface followed by another dry cloth for better & quick results.
What To Avoid While Cleaning Your Laminate Surface?
Knowing accurate cleaning methods is doubtlessly important to protect your floor from getting damaged. But the main thing to know is what you should never apply on your floor for its cleaning:
- Never let water or liquids settle on your floor surface for more than ten minutes.
- Never scratch the stains with a sharp knife or fork.
- Always see the ingredients of the commercial floor cleaner before using it.
- Never apply ammonia-containing cleaners on your floor.
- Never apply polish or wax-based cleaners.
- Never go for steam cleaning; it is the enemy of laminate material.
Laminate is a trendy floor type because of its durability, luxurious appearance, and affordability, so it is mandatory to care for this flooring well. This blog describes common cleaning methods with a step-by-step guide for regaining the luxurious floor appearance of laminate flooring. You can use vinegar, baking soda, microfiber cloth, or chemical-less cleaner to remove stains. Always avoid cleaning methods like steam cleaning for your laminate surface. Moreover, some don’ts are also mentioned in this blog so you can avoid causing damage to your precious floor.